Bright spark Magnito Services

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines Bright spark Magnito Services

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi

Has anyone used Brightspark Magnito Services?
    If so what are they like?
    Any idea of postal costs to France, only place they offer a service at the moment?

LINK. http://www.brightsparkmagnetos.com/services/index.htm

They offer a Magnito renovation package with something called an easy cap. I am struggling with my Ransomes MG2, see my post called Ransomes MG2 looking for help to start.

Can’t seem to stop points from arching, and have weak spark. I read that points will arc at low speads, starting (?), but not sure if this is cause or effect? If weak coil, points should still not are now I have both new points and condenser? From video on tube I can see Wipac impuls Magnito kicking nice blue spark when turned by hand. Image is not my mag, its off a video clip of small Lister, but is same model. Any advice welcome.

Signe Mr almost out of ideas!

Attachments:
    ransomes256
    Participant

Graeme,
    Please would you ring me as I may have a solution for you.
    Neil Jarrett

expeatfarmer
    Participant

What type of plug cap are you using? some have a high resistance and are not suitable for magnetos that may cause arcing at the points.

vhgmcbuddy

Hi

Checked plug cap, and think both I have tried are high resistance. So I am picking a suitable one up tomorrow. Thanks for tip. I have also arranged to buy another complete Mag for the better MG2, and will make up a working Mag for the MG2 in need of much work in the future.

Thanks again, not quite there yet, but getting closer.

🙂

charlie
    Keymaster

You could always try attaching HT lead directly to spark plug without a cap.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.