BMB Brockhouse mk3

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion BMB Brockhouse mk3

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bmterrier
    Participant

I have a BMB Brockhouse mk3 engine and I am searching for a cylinder head gasket. Does anyone know where to find one?

Best Regards

Bo Gustafsson

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

Is that the 2 stroke engine?
    You may need to find someone that can make a gasket. What material was the old one?

bmterrier
    Participant

Yes it is 2 stroke. The gasket is missing so I don´t know the material. Someone told me that ordinary gasket paper would do. What do you think?

wristpin
    Participant

Someone told me that ordinary gasket paper would do. What do you think?

Not sure that “paper” would do the job. Most packs of assorted gasket material contain some fairly tough stuff that resembles that used in oem gasket sets. What ever you use it will be worth “facing off” the cylinder head on a surface plate to remove any imperfections or even any warping. That will give your new gasket a fair chance of sealing.
    It occurs to me that there may be specific BMB information on a stationary engine forum or there may even be a specific user group on Facebook .

charlie
    Keymaster

Having a quick look at the parts list it does not show a cylinder head gasket, copy attached.

Attachments:
    will-haggle
    Participant

Ahhh, the last page is the clue, they used that engine in the Corgi small motorcycle. far be it from me to advertise another forum but try this one….
    http://classicmotorcycleforum.com/index.php?topic=5974.0

bmterrier
    Participant

Thanks a lot for the manual. Maybe there was no gasket there then.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.