Bartrop Greenfield HD-8

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines Bartrop Greenfield HD-8

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jfgu
    Participant

Hello all, new member so forgive a terrible post.

I joined up because a couple of years ago I picked up a Bartrop Greenfield ride-on mower, dating from the late 1960s/ early 1970s. I believe it’s an HD-8 model.

I’ve only subsequently realised how rare it is. It’s in rough but pretty much complete condition. I’m wondering if anyone has any more information about them?

Cheers

charlie
    Keymaster

All I know relates to W L Bartrop. They were agricultural engineers and ironmongers in Highworth, the town I was born near to. Some photographs of the shop and works can be seen on the Highworth Historical Society website
    I also remember seeing one of the Greenfield tractors at a vintage rally held near Highworth around 2003.

alan
    Participant

Bartrop was advertising the Australian HD8 and the M8 models in the mid-1970s. They were certainly shown at the Royal Show and also the Institute of Groundsmanship Exhibition, both shows in 1975.

Trade reports state Bartrop saying that they imported the ride-on machines in kit form and then assembled them in the UK.

Bartrop detailed that the HD8 had a Honda G65 6.8 hp engine.

A few Greenfield HD8 and M8 ride-ons have come to light over the years, but they are indeed rare in the UK.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.