Atco Groundsman 34 – Villiers Engine

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Atco Groundsman 34 – Villiers Engine

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hello there, I’ve just bought an Atco Groundsman 34, Villiers Engine which i believe to be a Mk25 but would appreciate if anyone could confirm?

It’s not sparking, can anyone help me how to get the flywheel off so I can check points, coil etc?

Thanks in advance!

vhgmcbuddy

Pictures now uploaded

Attachments:
    wristpin
    Participant

Certainly the Mk25 was the original engine on the 34. If you remove the starter pulley etc you will get down to the main flywheel nut which will be very tight and have a self extracting action . It will loosen off and then go tight again . Further undoing will pull the flywheel off it’s taper. I say “ will” but it can be a struggle.
    Back in the day Villiers supplied a special box spanner with strong tommy bar designed to be hot with a heavy hammer.

Attachments:
    andyfrost
    Participant

Before you go about removing the flywheel(which will involve re-setting the timing) , just remove the circular brass points cover and thoroughly clean the points , you may just be lucky if it’s been standing awhile that the points have a covering of corrosion. This can be done without removing the flywheel.

Andy.

vhgmcbuddy

Thank you for the comments, she is now a runner! It was the timing that was off. Extremely satisfying! Allbeit a bit rough, I need to adjust the points gap and tweak the carb. Does anyone know where I can buy odds and ends like exhaust gasket and nuts to hold the exhaust and cowling on, and fuel tap on the tank? Thanks again.

vhgmcbuddy

Also, would anyone have a pdf copy of the exploded engine diagram and parts list they could send me? Thank you.

charlie
    Keymaster

If you send me a pm with your e mail address I can send an engine manual with parts list. Meetens can supply engine parts but nuts and bolts may be available from suppliers such as Namrick ,you will need to know thread etc.

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks Charlie, my email is laurie.m@wms-uk.com. Thanks for your help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.