Allen scythe" part two.

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Allen scythe" part two.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Managed to get it back on its wheels today, so I can now move it around to make room for some more work on it..

vhgmcbuddy

that’s nice and well presented. I can tell just from the photos that’s its going to be something to be proud of.

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks for that john, now that I have got it off the bench and the wheels on I have got more room to move and roll it about, so roll on the weekend.

vhgmcbuddy

Did you get a good deal on your tyres? I could do with a new pair for one of my Allen’s.

Phil

vhgmcbuddy

Hi phil, I have sent you a pm..
    Hope its of help..

vhgmcbuddy

I started on the handles at the weekend, stripped them down then into the Etank to de rust them a good wire brushing then on with the etch primmer…

vhgmcbuddy

Cant seem to get pictures in the right order, so here is No 2..

darmic1
    Participant

The Allen Scythe looks great, re the pictures not being in order, See my post in the Help and Information section on the matter. You will need to rename the pictures alpha numerically, so 001,002,003 etc….. It does work then!

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks for that Darren! and the pictures I will try that next time.

vhgmcbuddy

Handles painted, now to fit them..

vhgmcbuddy

Handles went on today, still a lot to do..

Anonymous
    Inactive

Looking great. Can’t wait to see the finished machine. All the fiddly stuff to do now.

vhgmcbuddy

Managed to clean up the fuel tank and get all the muck and rust out from inside! a long job, also snapped of the lever on the tap which was seized up, but made a new part on the lathe..

vhgmcbuddy

this is going to be the best one I have seen so far,must be handy to have lath skills when restoring as money can be saved on farming out to engineers. superb !

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks for that john!! but I must say I feel more at home on my wood lathe..

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.