Ransomes MG6 Digger Dozer

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines Ransomes MG6 Digger Dozer

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    dave
    Participant

Hi Joe, I would be very grateful if you could send me copies of the Whitlock
    and Demon paperwork for my own collection. I would of course refund you any
    costs.
    Re the idea of a Ransomes MG owners get together why not. Weeley in September
    may be a good time as I am always trying to do different things as well as
    ploughing. I know that Weeley is a bit out of the way being in east Essex
    but we can offer all visitors a warm welcome and a large field to play in.
    If any other MG owners have any ideas lets hear them and see what we can come
    up with.
    Dave Clark.

expeatfarmer
    Participant

I would be happy to support a Ransomes MG day, there was one last year which I travelled to with my Whitlock and dumper, it was a good day but the number of crawlers present was disappointing. Somewhere more central may be better attended. I also have an original brochure for the Demon loaders, I wonder how many there are surviving.

expeatfarmer
    Participant

The other possibility would be to arrange a mass display of Ransomes at something like Tractor World at Malvern.

charlie
    Keymaster

Or Newark Tractor show in November

expeatfarmer
    Participant

I am happy to travel to either or both if there is going to be a good turn out.

crawler
    Participant

A gathering of MG’s sounds interesting, getting over from Northern Ireland with my lorry is a bit on the expensive side though so I will have to pass.
    With regard to the video of the digger-dozer, I think YouTube would be your best bet as the forum has a size limit on files you can upload.

Rob

expeatfarmer
    Participant

After sorting an oil leak and manufacturing a set of oak swamp blocks the digger is now finally finished and ready for Malvern next week. I am also taking my Whitlock WR8 which now has a new clutch plate and hopefully works properly. I have also fitted it with swamp blocks and refurbished the engine and engine bay.

Attachments:
    crawler
    Participant

Wow, they look great. I’m sure you were glad when you had finished making and fitting all those swamp blocks.
    Those two machines will make a very interesting display at any event.
    Rob

expeatfarmer
    Participant

Thanks Rob, just spraying up a new fuel tank that Neil made for me for the Whitlock literally watching paint dry so that I can fit it and start it up for a clutch trial.

vhgmcbuddy

Inspirational, great job
    Graeme

expeatfarmer
    Participant

Digger has spent most of Easter landscaping in my son’s garden moving and replanting shrubs and trees before moving tons of soil about. I am really pleased with it, it operates just as a mini digger should and has loads of grunt for pushing and back blading. I even have my own service crew!

Attachments:
    expeatfarmer
    Participant

service crew.

Attachments:
    crawler
    Participant

It’s good to see your machine being used for it’s intended purpose. I’m sure you had an enjoyable time, I know I would have. How did the hydraulic pump perform, does it have enough flow for you to work the boom and stick together as you would on a mini digger?
    Rob

expeatfarmer
    Participant

Hi Rob
    It works extremely well the pump has sufficient flow to multi task so that you can crowd and slew at the same time dipper and lift powerful so grading is good. levers are set up the same way as the Volvo mini digger I had so that I did not have to re learn.

crawler
    Participant

That’s good, it’ll be a very useful machine to have about.
    Rob

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.