Ransomes MG6 Digger Dozer

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines Ransomes MG6 Digger Dozer

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    expeatfarmer
    Participant

Having found that our main house drain was blocked , today I took out the MG6 digger with a vengeance. I dug a trench 4ft deep through heavy clay for a distance of 14m in less than an hour, that works for me.

Attachments:
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Have you got any period pics of the backhoe attached to a Ransomes machine?

expeatfarmer
    Participant

No I have not I am afraid, I have never seen a picture before. I have known for many years that a bachoe was available but never seen one.

ransomes256
    Participant

Personally I am very doubtful that a backhoe was ever originally available, I heard many rumours of the existence of a version but have never seen any documented proof.
    The only version I ever located prior to Jonathan’s build was a poor fitting of a mini digger arm grafted onto an MG6 and trying to be passed off as original. The Japanese id marks gave it away.
    Neil

Anonymous
    Inactive

Seeing as this backhoe was made to original drawings, surely there must have been a date on the drawings?? and if it was a commercially built item then a leaflet of some sort would have been produced??

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry my misunderstanding, I thought the backhoe here was originally made to fit on Ransomes crawlers when they were new

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.