Pathe news reel- Machinery demonstration 1949

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Pathe news reel- Machinery demonstration 1949

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    terrano
    Participant

I just came across this video of a walk behind machinery demonstration in 1949. I havent seen it posted before so I thought it might be of interest.

charlie
    Keymaster

Some great footage. Now who can list all the different machines shown?

joegrgraham
    Participant

Great video, but who got the job of catching the Fordson???

Joe.

charlie
    Keymaster

I have seen another film with a Rototiller doing the same unmanned trick, all in the good old days before Health & Safety.

trusty-mad
    Participant

whats the machine at 1:00?

will-haggle
    Participant

That, I think, is a Wild Midget….

sidevalve44
    Participant

Of course in the good old days before Health & safety, people were regularly killed or maimed, and as for those contraptions spraying potentially dangerous chemicals for the operator to walk into and breathe in they don’t bear thinking about !!

steve-d
    Participant

what a fab film very impressed as I saw the colwood with the rotary disc mower on the front and ive only ever seen pictures of this.
    grrrrrrreat.

franktonpaget
    Participant

Not only interesting but informative , the machine being towed by the Ransomes MG is a Weeks Swing Fan Dusting Machine,I had never seen one with the discharge fan so low but looking at the one I have found a lever which gives six different positions for the fan outlet
    I understand the machines were intended for fan blown application of chemical dusting powders to fruit trees,hops and ground crops the one I have came from a blackcurrent growing farm.

Attachments:
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.