25 Years of Old Lawn Mower Club

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion 25 Years of Old Lawn Mower Club

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    hdtrust
    Participant

Now I know that a few members of this club like ourselves are members of both clubs. The OLC had their annual rally at Milton Keynes on the weekend of May 16th & 17th (the latter being the main day)
    Through my work load I was not going to attend but at the last minute I managed a small window.
    The Hall & Duck Trust have been members since the very beginning.
    It has taken me a good few days to even put pen to paper, I have never been to an event where I have come away with such disgust to the organization and the way it was run.
    No1 the important part – where were the public!
    No2 Am still looking for the time line for the Green’s Silens Messor lawn mowers.
    To be fair there were members who had traveled far and wide and across the globe,but to sit down in an AGM where the main theme seemed to be patting long standing committee members on their backs for long hard work, then giving them life memberships (free) is beyond me (without a vote I may add!)
    There was suppose to be an area for members to put their foreign made lawn mowers could not find that either.
    It was good to chat to members I had not seen for years,but it will be many years before the Hall & Duck Trust will be seen there again! A sad outcome.
    Andrew Hall
    Trustee

charlie
    Keymaster

Ohh dear, a sad state of affairs. At least the VHGMC had a vote at their AGM before making the founding members life members a few years ago.

trusty220
    Keymaster

AGM’s are always a tricky subject because club members generally aren’t interested in attending; whether it’s the fear of being voted onto committee or just being bored to tears, the reasons are many and varied.
    This is true of most clubs (note I say most, not all!) and it sounds like Andrew has had a poor experience with the OLC. I would be lying if I said that our AGM is well attended, but it really is the only place that members can air their views and I would like to see more members at our AGM in future.
    Does anyone have any bright ideas as to how to remedy the situation? We have held it in the Midlands over the last few years to make it fairer for all with a central location; we have tried to provide something interesting to visit at the same time.
    We are open to suggestions for next year.

wristpin
    Participant

Another machinery forum that I subscribe to moves it’s AGM around the country and usually holds it at a member’s premises combining it with viewing that member’s collection of machinery and anything else that anyone has brought along. Seems to work quite well but many members are in the machinery business and possibly running on Company diesel !
    In this day and age is there a possibility of conducting the AGM on line?

steve-d
    Participant

Unfortunately for me I could not make our club agm this year due to being at a wedding and for me I explained in my private message to you Geoff.also as for many people like myself work now takes my weekend up so can cause problems to get to meetings, and even the shows but that still means that the passion the conviction and hard work still goes in to promote the club and it’s good work within the community.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.