Website Calendar ?

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Website Calendar ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    chap
    Participant

When we first went over to the new site i mentioned that there is no calendar facility at least i havent found it, are plans afoot to include one before the busy rally season get underway as we do like to keep upto date with whats on,not birthdays as most of us are trying to ignor them just a blank calendar and let the members add events in their area.

vhgmcbuddy

I agree Sam it would be a useful addition…

charlie
    Keymaster

A full (well at least when people can be bothered to tell me) calendar of forthcoming events appears in The Cultivator. There is no plan to include one on the forum at present. The Cultivator, (while it still exists*), will be the primary communication route with members.
    *Still no replacement editor.

vhgmcbuddy

So how about anyone who has signed up for a trial membership on here and wants to know what is going on in 2014 ??

charlie
    Keymaster

Simple, they join the club, one of the many advantages of membership.

darmic1
    Participant

At the risk of upsetting one or two members here, not intended. I think that attitude stinks………. “if you want to know, join” !!!
    What has happened here, where is the open arms welcome to OUR club???
    I make no apology for saying it, but aren’t those sort of attitudes going to end up with the club losing members, making it seem clique-y, unwelcoming to prospective new members. I certainly wouldn’t join…. A bit like my experience at Tractor world 2 years ago, tried to say hi on the stand and was met with turned backs and continued conversation in huddles! If it hadnt been for Gareth, S1G, I probably would have said stuff it! On the subject of losing members, i’ve already noticed a significant drop in folk posting on this new site, but thats something else…..
    It seems that anyone dare question, suggest or even offer an opinion gets shot down with pointy comments, stonewall silence or the threat of being removed…..
    All I amm trying to say is we should be promoting this hobby, interest, way of life for some, preserving the past for future generations…… not building barriers, shutting doors and turning folk away. Continue this way and there is no future here. Change happens, things do need to move on, the next generation of members dont want to be restricted to waiting for the quarterly publication, which hasnt always arrived, they want electronic access, instant, fast, efficient…… A bit like when digging by hand moved on to mechanised cultivation……. come on guys, please?
    EDIT
    Ooops forgot…. Happy new year too!

charlie
    Keymaster

I have had very few members tell me they have not received their copy of the magazine. If I am not told then I cannot do anything about it, things do get lost in the post. I could write more about my thoughts on the subject of the clubs future but do not feel the open forum is the place.

chap
    Participant

Well Happy New Year to you all, i can see valdid points on both sides but as Darren says we are in the mobile age we must embrace it,The Cultivator is the right place but if you miss the copy date no one knows about your event, it can be three months between arranging an event and getting it in the cultivator.so i think we need the elctronic version as well, on a matter such as this we surly must ask the membership after all they are the club.

sent from my Android

martin-ellison
    Participant

happy new year charlie keep up good work must be hard trying job cant please everybody even though you try martin

charlie
    Keymaster

Thank you Martin.
    Always interesting to make comment and see what the reaction is.

vhgmcbuddy

well my thoughts are
    the new forum was supposed to be an improvement on the old one for members as far as ime concerned as a member the loss of our calander is going backwards for the club and for the forum, we were also told we would have our own gallerys to put our photos in/ we have lost the notafacations that we have a pm from the site and yes we are emailed but 9 times out of ten that goes into my spam mail the only plus point i see so far is that it is easeier to load photos, i think it is time for us members to be told what the plans for the forum are and what are the thoughts of the chairman on the future of the club. lets have an open debate its a new year lets start it in the right way before all the silly sniping starts again like it did at the begining of last year, we were promised so much has all these ideas gone by the wayside, now please lets here from all the forum members there thoughts and then go with the majority PS what happens if a new editor is not found no cultivator-no calander?

charlie
    Keymaster

Nigel, as you are aware there have been issues with the forum, hopefully all ironed out now. We did not want to start adding additional features until we had a stable platform to work on. Galleries and calendar/events page are in the pipeline. If your pm notifications are going in your spam folder then it is an issue with the settings on your e mail/spam filter, not the fault of the forum or website.
    The future of The Cultivator and the club is entirely in the hands of you the club members, I have given 6 months notice that I am standing down as editor and have no intention of continuing or taking on something else in the club, so far one member has made a suggestion they might take it on, but nothing confirmed yet.

vhgmcbuddy

well lets keep our fingers crossed charlie, i think the main problem there is that you have done sutch a good job over the years as editor that it makes it harder for some one new to take over the reins and keep that standard up, you will be a hard man to follow :D, and that is the reason why i think debate is needed

chap
    Participant

“Galleries and calendar/events page are in the pipeline.” (Quote)

Thanks Charlie that was what i was hoping for in your first reply to my question.

Sam

charlie
    Keymaster

But I didn’t say how long the pipeline is!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.