Villiers Mk15 ignition problem

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Villiers Mk15 ignition problem

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    philip-s
    Participant

Trying to sort out the Villiers MK15 engine on my Allen Champion to cut some rough grassland. There was no spark so I went through the usual checks and got as far as checking the points – what points? This is what greeted me inside the flywheel:-
    Someone has been there before and I assume this is some sort of electronic ignition. I thought these were supposed to be foolproof but there is definitely no spark. Any suggestions or have I got to replace the whole thing?

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

Looking at the third photo it would appear that either the points are missing or you have the electronic magneto see Villiersparts.com for photographs of the replacements they can supply.

philip-s
    Participant

Villiersparts are out of replacements, expressed surprise at the type of unit in my magneto. Definitely not original so looks as if I am looking for another engine.

wristpin
    Participant

Has it ever run in your possession ? Any chance of an image of the whole machine, I’ve only ever seen Champions with Briggs engines so presumably yours is an early model.

charlie
    Keymaster

Whilst at the South Cerney show this weekend, a young lad (12) visited our club stand. He is an avid collector of lawn mowers ands is looking for an Allen Champion.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.