villiers 2 stroke engine (Auto culta Mk 1

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines villiers 2 stroke engine (Auto culta Mk 1

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mickattwo
    Participant

Anyone know the correct carb for this model

mickwhitt
    Participant

What kind of engine is it?

mickattwo
    Participant

I think its a 25C, it was on a Auto-Culto 1 m/c which was scrapped, Looks as not had much use

mickwhitt
    Participant

My Allen scythe has a villiers 11c engine, the one prior to the 25c.
    Mine has a midget carb but the 25c has a Junior carb I believe.
    The Allen manual explains setting the timing etc so it may help you with your machine.
    Best regards Mick

andyfrost
    Participant

The saying goes “a picture paints a thousand words” , so a photo would help us help you. I would guess that it would be a “twin lever” carb , from their very fist models until the end of twostroke engined production , they seemed to favour and specify this style of carb. Ones for the earlier V111C engines seem more plentiful , as they were also fitted to numerous motor cycles , the ones fitted to the later 24/25c are like hens teeth.

Andy.

mickattwo
    Participant

I have my doubts now that it’s not an Auto Culta looking at “Fifty years if garden machinery” as the main lump of the m/c was red. I have the roto box and will take pics of both the rotobox and the engine and post ASAP

mickattwo
    Participant

The M/c it came off was a Clifford Mk2 according to (50 yrs gardening machinery)
    This is a photo of the engine

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.