unknown push hoe

Home Forums General Help and information unknown push hoe

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    steve-d
    Participant

Hi all I have been given this unknown push hoe today and wondered if anyone could shed any light on who made it and rough sort of age.
    Steve.

Attachments:
    stevewoollas
    Participant

Hello Steve,
    It is possible your push hoe was manufactured by Burlinghams of Evesham, Worcestershire.
    I have seen these occasionally over the years on ebay usually as hoes but sometimes in cultivator format with a Burlingham plate attached. This is not a foregone conclusion that they were the manufacturer as they were also dealers/agents for a wide range of equipment. They produced alternative implements for the garden tractors they sold and we have three different cultivators they fabricated to fit the Trusty pedestrian tractor.
    Regards–Steve

steve-d
    Participant

Hi steve
    Very many thanks for the information you always come up trumps, do you know a rough sort of period they might have been produced?
    Best
    Steve

stevewoollas
    Participant

Sorry Steve but I cannot help with a date on this other than the majority of British Companies producing push hoes did so in the post war years when following the end of the war a lot of factories had little work and were very inventive in terms of simple fabrication.
    The American Planet Jnr is the big exception dating back to the late 1800’s although it is unlikely any appeared in the UK until the early 1920’s

steve-d
    Participant

Thanks again Steve

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.