Unknown machine

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Picked this up at the weekend it runs but not the right belt for the cutting disc. There are no makers id plates on it? except for a raised letter S on the cutting head.. has anyone got any ideas….?

vhgmcbuddy

Its a Loyd Motor Sickle

charlie
    Keymaster

From the days before health & safety!!! I seem to remember there was some debate a while ago on the forum about a mechanism for disengaging drive to the blade. If I remember rightly later models did have something.

vhgmcbuddy

Thank you paul, Now for some research..

vhgmcbuddy

Hello Charlie, this does have a clutch there is a lever to slide the engine back to tighten the belt, but the belt on it is to small but an easy fix..

trusty-mad
    Participant

was this produced by lloyds of letchester?

vhgmcbuddy

Looks like this could be a, Four seasons scrubcutter made by the standard insulator company ltd, but cant seem to find much out on the net, but will keep trying.

vhgmcbuddy

Here is a picture of the raised S on the cutter head.

vhgmcbuddy

Just found this…

hortiman
    Participant

It is definitely a Four Seasons scrubcutter made by the Standard Insulator co of Camberley.
    The early ones had no jockey pulley clutch to disengage the drive to the cutter, this made starting the machine a bit of a nightmare! difficult to hold the blade off the ground while pulling the starting rope. The later ones did have a clutch which made things safer.
    I think they did feature on the old website. I will look to see if I have a leaflet as I did restore mine last Year. probably worth looking in one of the Brian Bell books.

Chris

vhgmcbuddy

This mower remember one I saw in 1989 in Iguazu falls (Argentina) mowin the grass of the hotel! Always I ignored the mark

vhgmcbuddy

That’s great news chris many thanks, I take it that’s why it has that raised S on the large pulley. Have you any pictures of yours ?

vhgmcbuddy

I had a bit of a tinker with the machine today and found this moulded into the handle bar grips !!

vhgmcbuddy

Oops, sorry, wrong again…

charlie
    Keymaster

Great to have the original hand grips.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.