Tractor Builder Goes LARGE

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Tractor Builder Goes LARGE

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

This farmer from Austrailia has got the building bug due to being short of money,but as the video runs the facts and figures just keep coming.makes our farming look slightly in need of a shake up. ENJOY !

vhgmcbuddy

http://youtu.be/6w-ZnkeX17c this is the link but I am having problems making it upload.if you want to search in you tube its under” chamberlain tractor “

vhgmcbuddy

Some tractor that John, OK if you got plenty of room. Sounds nice purring along.

vhgmcbuddy

http://youtu.be/6w-ZnkeXI7c well done owen that’s easier than me stressing out !

enginear
    Participant

REf the chamberlin tractor it would be no good over here many year’s i had to fit wider wheel spacer’s to a Ford FW30 [steiger american tractor sprayed blue]about 265hp it started off with single wheel’s then double’s using spacer’s between the wheel’s but when it was being used on an old hop farm in Kent and it was wet the space between the wheel’s picked up load’s of mud this meant less traction so the brain’s at Ford’s asked our firm to fit wider spacer’s a day’s work which gave the wheel’s a chance to pick up even more mud!! and it was not until wider tyre’s [super single’s] which were about 1.5 time’s the width of the original’s did it help to cure the problem these tractor’s are drawbar machine’s ideal to pull stuff but not like our one’s which use three point linkage on the hydraulic’s to lift implement’s and can use this system to increase traction.i have seen an early Fw30 try to pull two Micheal More mole plough’s it just sat there and spun the wheel’s.

vhgmcbuddy

thanks for the info of your experieces with this type of wheel combination. I suppose the different climates between G.B and AUS makes all the difference to how you go about your farming globaly. But I will add that using any machine in over wet conditions will ,like you say pick up soil/mud and also cause a ” PAN” effect in the soil structure once the tractor has passed along a given route.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.