The Fruit Grower

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

hi charlie, i would be interested in copies/scans of anything made in kent and also auto-culto if thats at all possible. many thanks

charlie
    Keymaster

Thought you might. I will send you copies via e mail.

vhgmcbuddy

thanks charie, just got them they are great, thank you

franktonpaget
    Participant

Alan,
    Any idea the manufacturers of the Hop dusters on display at Malvern ?
    With regard to your sprayer I think there is one very similar currently advertised on a certain auction site manufactured by either Weeks or Drake and Fletcher

Kevin,
    I do not think the Hop Duster will be finished in time for Biddenden, but perhaps next year, it would be about a 300 mile round trip for me .The tinwork is pretty bad and wind blowing through when I collected removed all old bird nests, straw etc to reveal agitator brushs in hopper.

Charlie,
    Scanning all old adverts would be very informative,there was a wide range of equipment made specifically to meet needs of fruit,market garden and hopyard growers. I have a very narrow Ransome dauntless hop yard cultivator for working between hop rows and did at one time have a Onnerley Implement Hop yard Manure spreader which was only 30 inchs wide.

I unfortunately missed Malvern and seeing the photographs of what was there makes it even worse !!!!!
    regards FP

vhgmcbuddy

hi jo, thanks for the update with your hop duster, please let me know if there is any change. i also have an eye on the sprayer you mention…… fingers crossed

charlie
    Keymaster

At last I have gone through all the Fruit Grower magazines I have and compiles a list of the machinery and hand tool adverts which I have also scanned. A cd with copies of the adverts has been sent to Alan for use in The Cultivator where all members will be able to see them. Very few hand tools appear, machines advertised include Rototiller, Rowtrac, Auto-Culto, Bristol, British Holder, Ransomes, Trusty, RotehO, Planet and Gravely. Other adverts include Cooper Pegler, Four Oaks, Weeks and Drake & Fletcher.
    One of the regular advertisers is Geo Monro with their range of horticultural supplies such as, fruit boxes, orchard heaters, tomato graders etc. They also advertise the fruit import side of their business at Covent Garden.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.