South Cerney Rally

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion South Cerney Rally

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    trusty220
    Keymaster

Greetings, Everybody!

Just a quick line or two to say that preparations for the Gloucestershire Vintage & Country Extravaganza are very advanced. The show starts this Friday, 5th August, and finishes at 5 o’clock on Sunday, 7th August and it’s a short stone’s throw from Cirencester in The Cotswolds.

I’m taking the Trusty Road Roller in the hope that we can get two of the remaining three rollers together for the first time on a rally field. It’s a superb show so if you’re doing very little this weekend come along and have a chat with us on the VHGMC stand.

We look forward to seeing you there!

charlie
    Keymaster

I will be there, planning to arrive Thursday pm to help set up club stand.

trusty220
    Keymaster

We’ve been at South Cerney today and plenty of club members have been making themselves known. From my point of view, Trevor Luckhurst brought his Trusty Roller along together with a lorry full of engines and rollers to swell the numbers considerably; as promised, I took my Trusty Roller along and we’ve got two of the surviving three rollers together for the first time.

If you have time over the weekend it is an excellent show to attend and is very easy to get to from all points of the compass. I’ve included some photo’s of the rest of the show to give you all a taste of what it’s like.

Attachments:
    trusty220
    Keymaster

Now back from the show, all in one piece and very tired!

A great show with lots of variety which means there is something for everyone. A very big “Thank you” to all who attended, both as exhibitors and and spectators, and an even bigger “Thank You” to Andrew Hall for organising the section and persuading me to go in the first place!

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

Who is the village idiot in the silly hat???

trusty220
    Keymaster

I don’t know, but he kept running in front of the camera!

joegrgraham
    Participant

It was a great show, and the stand really did the club proud!.
    I think Charlie deserves a special thank you, I was there Saturday and everytime I walked past he was on duty.
    Hopefully I will be a bit more organised next year and will bring something to put on the stand.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.