sisis tractor

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines sisis tractor

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Good evening chaps,
    After many hours searching google, I came across the old website with a few intresting sisis meccano machines on there.

some great restorations which really opened my eyes,

Although not really vintage quality ive recently got hold of a HTU-14 which came from a small football club , unfortunately its been stood for a good number of years but I plan to get the old girl back in action.

I think its probably a mid/late eighty’s machine with a Kohler 14hp engine and its got a hydraulic 3 point link.
    Quirky old thing but with very little information available, I hoping for some moral support now ive found some likeminded enthusiasts.

cheers philip

vhgmcbuddy

Unusual looking beast, good luck with the restoration.

vhgmcbuddy

Interesting versatile machine, looks like a kohler magnum engine.

charlie
    Keymaster

Have you tried contacting SISIS for information, might be worth a try. It is good to see another piece of grass care machinery in preservation an area not well covered.

vhgmcbuddy

yes its a kohler 14hp 321 engine, ive fitted a new battery, airfilter, fuel filters & plug.

it now starts easy and ticks over quite nicely.

unfortunately sisis are unable to help , they now only keep records for newer machinery., ive made contact with a former employee who may be a help. I cannot find a user manual online or anywhere as yet.

I’d like to know a little more on the hydraulics as they are working slow, oil type and quantity & levels etc.

All engine parts are available which is good news.

Ive had it a good couple of weeks now and have been cleaning & un-seizing parts ever since.

will try and get a few more pics uploaded.

wristpin
    Participant

Finding an ex-employee is one route worth exploring but there will also be knowledge and maybe manuals out in the dealer and former dealer network. Ground care dealers such as Parkers of Worcester Park (do they still exist?) would have been familiar with that sort of kit.

vhgmcbuddy

I see a demonstration video on you tube, he would be a help if you could track him down.
    Google sisis hydromain.

franktonpaget
    Participant

I worked in a Estates office that purchased three of these Sisis Hydromain units, two 14hp and one of the larger 17hp units, they were introduced in the mid 1980’s as a upgrade to the Sisis Auto-trac which had a 10hp engine.
    They could use all the auto-trac attachments but also had there own collection of attachments.
    They had hydrostatic transmissions and hydraulic lift
    I think they were subsequently replaced by MF mini tractors that were available at advantageous lease rates to educational establishments

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks for all the replies,
    Very intresting so far , I did study the youtube videos and this may be a option to enquire.

a few more pictures of how I got it,
    engine

Two petrol tanks, 1 on engine (reserve) and a large main (yellow box with cap)

This is the lever for the hydraulic lift,

its the hydraulic oil levels , where to put it in and drain it out from im concerned about.

few things I need to check re hydraulics because the lift up & down are slow but the tractor seems to engage and drive fine,
    Oil type ATF ?
    quantity ?
    what to look for as to current oil condition.
    where to drain out and refill, quantity & type of oil , how to check levels

im hoping that a complete oil change will help speed up the link arms movement, as ive now completely renovated, painted and greased all moving parts.

Haven’t got a clue when it was last changed, got to need a change.

joegrgraham
    Participant

I afraid I know nothing about this particular machine, but from what you describe about the hydraulics, ie, the drive is fine but the lift is slow, there is probably a filter in the system somewhere which is partially blocked and restricting the flow, also, the oil may be emulsified due to condensation, so an oil change would be advisable.

wristpin
    Participant

A bit of a long shot but in the absence of manufacturer data you just might get hydraulic oil info from the technical department of one of the oil companies. One of the smaller companies such as Morris Lubricants (my personal favourite for helpfulness) may have something in their archives.

charlie
    Keymaster

trusty220 might be able to help as he works for T H Whites and may have had dealings with these machines.

vhgmcbuddy

excellent , hopefully trusty220 might know a little more..

thanks again for all the replies, I do think a complete oil change is needed asap.

ive undone a square peg bolt which looks to be a exit point of level checker and the oil weaped red in colour.

underneath the tractor there are pipes running all over the show ,, ha ha.

merry xmas

vhgmcbuddy

from my past experience on hydraulics if there is a filter it is always as close to where the oil leaves the tank to stop any bits etc going inside rams and oil pumps. international ind loaders have them inside the tank to get at them there is a plate on the tank itself for hand acsess to undo it for replacement. hope this little gem helps you find it.

vhgmcbuddy

thanks john, still none the wiser on any filters yet..

I have drained and re-filled with new atf oil , the arms now seem to be moving a little quicker in operation but not as fast as I would like. I may need to run it up to speed which is a little tricky , up and down the driveway..

There was some sediment in the oil drained but nothing which looked to be of large particals.

ive been working on the tractor as much as possible and its looking much better in appearance, everything is working nicely bar the headlights.
    14hp hydromain

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.