Simar Rototiller plough mount

Home Forums The Main Forum Area Projects Simar Rototiller plough mount

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    knappster
    Participant

Rebuilding my Simar Rototiller just taken the plough mount off and made this mod to it drilled a small hole in the mounting plate fixed a large split pin in to hold a chain from the linch pin holding the plough on its mounting peg. Seemed a good idea so as not loose it if it comes unclipped a simple fix if you have this type of mount

knappster
    Participant

The old girl is coming together test run soon

Attachments:
    knappster
    Participant

Modified plough mount

vhgmcbuddy

Looks very nice, did you get that paint made up to your spec? I have a plough, so will be interested to see a picture of your modification, saw another machine for sale on that well known website, and it had a proper exhaust box fitted across the front, I think I understand why!

charlie
    Keymaster

End of exhaust should be flattened and have slots cut into side see https://vhgmc.co.uk/photo-galleries/simar-imgsimar025/

knappster
    Participant

Hi Plonker
    Thanks for the interest, the paint was the closest I could find with out having it mixed, it is Buckingham Green byJohnstones looks okay when dry on the Simar. Hear is a photo of the plough hitch hope this helps

Attachments:
    roatavator
    Participant

Charlie. All the various SIMAR models with front exiting exhaust I’ve seen have the “usual “ stub exhaust. But many continental ones have large exhausts, sometimes a serpentine layout, incorporating exhaust boxes. Am I right in thinking they were SIMAR options or accessories? Perhaps they were available after market over here?

charlie
    Keymaster

The only option I have seen for UK models is the large pepper pot, which I have on my model 35. The big model 90 did have an exhaust and silencer mounted alongside fuel tank and I have seen photos of model 60 with exhaust across the front.

knappster
    Participant

Thanks for the info chaps, I have seen photographs of the ones you are talking about I may try the UK version and press the one I have to form a fish tale and cut some slots in it and see how loud it is 😳

roatavator
    Participant

This is a typical continental exhaust.

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

Drawings for the exhaust and silencer should be held in archives at MERL. I will need to check part numbers and see if they are on the list.

knappster
    Participant

Made a replica of the original exhaust for my Simar, something close to the original, have to see what it sounds like 😳

Attachments:
    roatavator
    Participant

Very nice job. What it will sound like? Answer: LOUD!!

knappster
    Participant

Ha ha yes as I thought, will get some ear defenders 😂

knappster
    Participant

Hey Guys help
    Can anyone give me the correct two stroke mix for my Simar, on the machine it says a mix of 6% for 5l of petrol that would be 300ml of oil 😳 that seems a lot am I reading this right ? Or is it for a full tank ? I am at a loss help

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.