Shredder knives

Home Forums General Help and information Shredder knives

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi This year I decided to prune everything in my garden and ended up with a great pile of cuttings. So out came the shredder which has laid dormant for a lomg time. Not a machine that is usual for this site but I hope someone may be able to help. The shredder/chipper made in Switzerland by Stoeckler (I think) it is powered by a honda GX160 5.5hp. Bearings were changed engine was serviced a good all round service / repair was carried out. Everything looked good untill it came to the knife it was beyond sharpening and required replacing. I have tried everywhere but all leads have ended in blanks. There was no answer from the two european distributers ( Telsnig forest and garden and Eurogarden) I have emailed the manufacturer but so far recieved no reply. The knife is approx 1013mm long 8mm thick and I would I think originally before sharpening been between 40 and 50 mm wide the problem arises with the two holes for securing the knife which are tapped 8mm the knife being hardened makes this a difficult item to have made locally. My question is does any one know of a person or company who may be able to help?

vhgmcbuddy

Just as I posted the above Stoeckler replied saying that they had sold the division making garden shredders to Telsnig who just keep telling me to contact Eurogarden who keep saying that I must go to my local dealer but do not tell me who this is.

vhgmcbuddy

Got the info required from euro garden the agents are now Midland Power and they are getting me the bits.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.