Sachs d500w engine will not start

Home Forums General Help and information Sachs d500w engine will not start

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Ive had the cylinder head off and the diesel is injecting just before TDC, I think along the same lines as you guys, I think I will get the pump refurbished, I really would like to get it up and running again, hopefully before the cold weather gets here

andyfrost
    Participant

Get back to us later when you’ve had the pump done.

Andy.

vhgmcbuddy

I will, and thank’s for all the advice from you Guys, Ken

stuart
    Participant

When it injects Ken is the fuel completely atomized ??.It should look like a cloud of very very fine mist when it injects.If all you get is large droplets of fuel from the nozzle then that will never ignite under compression and your FI pump needs a good overhaul.
    The following is the only information I have for a Sachs 500 engine (as fitted to a Howard Gem) but I guess your model is the same.I hope this helps…..
    Fuel injection 1764 psi (must not be below 1470 psi)
    Injection commences 25 degrees BTDC
    Oil should always be visible in the front compartment of the engine.
    Always use the starting knob (RH side from the front of the engine)…..pulling the knob retards the injection and prevents kick-back when starting.
    Let us know how you get on :):)

hortiman
    Participant

Hi there.
    You should be hearing a squeak from the injector as it delivers the fuel. I am sure that you realise that you need a really hefty swing on the starting handle to fire up the zunder fuse.
    I do have a manual if it is of use to you I could get it copied for you.
    I may have a new pump somewhere too.
    Chris

vhgmcbuddy

Hi Guys, when I swing on the engine I get a fine fog coming out of the starter fuse hole when the fuse holder is removed, I cannot hear anything apart from a deffinate click or knock sort of sound coming from the pump area. Hortiman I’m very interested in the copy of the manual also the pump if you still have it,please could you message me some information regarding price etc, many thanks Ken

hillsider
    Participant

Just a word of warning – if you are tempted to test the fuel injector by connecting it to the injector pipe and cranking the engine with the injector facing away from the cylinder be sure to keep hands and arms etc well away from the injector nozzle. Atomised fuel will pass through your skin easily and cause severe problems.

Apologies if you are aready aware of this but rather you hear it twice than after an accident.

vhgmcbuddy

thankyou hillsider, warning taken onboard, thank you for the warning.

hortiman
    Participant

Hi there
    I will search through my souvenirs and get back to you after the weekend.
    Regards
    Chris

vhgmcbuddy

thanks hortiman,looking forward to hearing from you. Ken

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.