Robert Boby, Rowtrac drawings.

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Robert Boby, Rowtrac drawings.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    charlie
    Keymaster

My latest visit to help catalogue the Geo Monro drawings at MERL brought to light some drawings dated 1933 etc, drawn by Robert Boby Engineering, showing 1933 and 1934 model Rowtrac parts. These are probably some of the original drawings for the Rowtrac.

stevewoollas
    Participant

Hello Charlie,
    I presume this is the same Robert Boby company who produced the little single wheeled drill that I know a number of members have in their collections. If so, they were based at Bury St Edmumds. Their drill is very similar to a model produced by Gower, Market Drayton. Boby’s produced quite a range of agricultural related equipment and I suspect they produced your drawings in order to produce those parts for the Rowtrac, ie as a sub-contract fabricator. I believe Bobys had their own casting foundry.–Steve

charlie
    Keymaster

Yes it is the same company. According to 70 Years of Garden Machinery, the Rowtrac was designed in the late 1920’s by William Catchpole. The first tractors were made for him by Robert Roby Ltd, Bury St Edmunds. Geo Monro bought the patent rights in the early 1930’s.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.