Ransomes MG6 Digger

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines Ransomes MG6 Digger

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    expeatfarmer
    Participant

I took 137 and the digger to Hesket Newmarket Show on Saturday it is only 3 miles from where I live and so I literally took the two machines a can pf petrol and a couple of spare spark plugs. 137 behaved admirably but the digger started playing up and being hard to start, the solenoid failed a while ago and as yet i have not replaced it so it was on manual start which is usually no problem. Fortunately I had my two stroke Stihl drill starter with me. The digger cut out when lined up for the grand parade, i changed the plug and all seemed well, completed a lap of honor with my first rosette for best machine and parked up until the end of the day. came to load up and just would not run above tickover checked the fuel filters drained down the carb blew through the emulsion tube and gained a slight improvement but as soon as you increased throttle it cut out. With the aid of a couple of exhibitors we managed to load it on my trailer on tickover ( in the pouring rain ) and eventually I got home. Every symptom was of fuel starvation so today I stripped cleaned and rebuilt the carb, removed the fuel pump filter, inline filter and blew through the tank filter, no change started ok but would not increase revs, spark tell tale told me there was a spark, fitted a new plug checked the gap still no change. Confident that the carb and fuel system were spotless I checked the float level, no problem. Finally I removed the magneto, checked the points, perfect ! Fitted my strobe checked static and dynamic timing, spot on. Removed the mag again changed the condensor and off it went perfect tickover like a watch! How on earth can a condensor simulate fuel starvation problems ! Long winded as usual but thought it might help someone else with a similar problem in the future.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.