Ransomes MG in France

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines Ransomes MG in France

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    franktonpaget
    Participant

The recent Ransomes MG topics came to mind when reading some recently acquired Farm Implement and Machinery Reviews with a mention in the topical chat about the recent French tractor trials (November 1954) where Mr Firman of Ransomes ,Sims & Jefferies stated the small Ransomes MG crawler is becoming more and more popular in France with its new vineyard attachment
    Ransomes Demonstrator was Mr William Smith and the MG led a parade of 12 tracklayers (including a Bristol) before Mr Roger Houdet the French Minister of Agriculture at the Vine Fair.
    Later on in a report on another show (the 28th Exposition of Internationale de motoculture) it states that the Ransomes vineyard linkage, which by reversing the top link of the tractor brings the lift up to 90 degrees is made by RSJ at Ipswich and was demonstrated on the stand of of the French agents Henri Perrier of Paris. Sadly photographs do not show the Ransomes but there were 350 tractors and motorcultivators from eight different countries on show.
    So perhaps the unusual linkage seen on some Mg’s imported from France was in fact made in the UK by Ransomes.
    Anybody ever seen a French Ransomes MG Brochure ?

regards
    Joe Paget

crawler
    Participant

Hello Joe
    I have attached two French brochures for the MG40. The first one does not show the rear of the tractor unfortunately. The second one for the MG40 N shows the same type of lift arrangement that is fitted to my MG40.
    I wonder if what you are describing is the ‘cable lift’ arrangement as opposed to the hydraulic lift on the MG40 N ?
    My MG40 has a French hydraulic pump made by Jenner instead of the standard pump you would find on UK MG’s. I have some photos somewhere.
    Regards
    Rob

Attachments:
    franktonpaget
    Participant

Rob,
    Interesting reading, there would appear to be several variations, I came across two Ransomes crawlers in a agricultural museum in France which both had a form of hinged toolframe lifted by a pulley/cable arrangement running on the pto.
    I think they were MG6 models, will try to add photographs taken

regards Joe

franktonpaget
    Participant

Try again

franktonpaget
    Participant

With the aid of inhouse expert,windows 8 is not easy

Attachments:
    franktonpaget
    Participant

Another MG in the museum

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Similar to mine, I personally dont think this was fitted by ransomes.

Attachments:
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.