Ransome Mark 4 triple

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines Ransome Mark 4 triple

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

I have a mark 4 with a mini engine it keeps overheating I have tried new water pump ,electric fans,flushing rad,new hoses but still overheats.I like the machine but I am not sure how to operate the belt system and would like a operating manual or some help with the machine

charlie
    Keymaster

Has it always overheated? Is the engine the original? If not is the radiator big enough for the engine? Is there a thermostat which could be stuck?

vhgmcbuddy

Hi Charlie tried with and without thermostat and new thermostat,previous owner used it as it is with no problems he Also converted it to the mini engine and used it with his job,how can I get info on working machine it is working OK between overheating but not sure what the levers on the left side do

wristpin
    Participant

Is the machine the Motor Triple with the centrifugal clutch and expanding / contracting variable speed drive?
    Just a couple of thoughts re your overheating but difficult to reconcile with it having worked ok with the previous owner – do you believe what you’ve been told?!
    1/ is it possible that the cooling system is air locking?
    2/ Is it the correct type thermostat? Some systems use a shielded thermostat that directs the water around the block for a quick warm up but then shuts of the short cut and directs it through the rad once working temp is reached .

trusty220
    Keymaster

The large lever on the left is to control the forward speed of the machine. The top hole is first cutting speed (ie slowest), with another two holes below it if the grass isn’t too long and you can go faster. The hole at the bottom of the quadrant is for transport speed.

You will not be able to move the lever when the engine is not running, so your best bet is to select neutral on the gear lever between your legs and rev the engine up to spin the drive belts. You should then be able to move the lever into the top hole to start cutting.

The overheating could be caused by using too fast a gear and trying to cut too much at once. Other causes could be that the blades are blunt or that you have the height of cut too low for the conditions.

I will have a look tonight to see if I can find an operator’s manual that I can email you. Could you send me a PM with your email address and I’ll send what I’ve got.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.