ploughing with Howard 400?

Home Forums General Help and information ploughing with Howard 400?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mickattwo
    Participant

Has anyone experience of ploughing with a Howard 400. I will be at Newark next week if someone can help me. I would love to have a go and maybe at the Sherwood Forest Ploughing match

hortiman
    Participant

Hello mickattwo

I don’t think a Howard 400 is suitable for ploughing, I have never seen or heard of a plough attachment for a 400. There is no mention of a plough in the brochure. But I have been proved wrong before! Are you sure it is not a Howard 700 as that is a very good ploughing machine.

Chris

mickattwo
    Participant

I know of Howard ploughs but they don’t look big enough for competition ploughing. Anyone can help me with Howard ploughs?

hortiman
    Participant

Hi again mickattwo

The Howard 700 plough is suitable for horticultural ploughing competitions, they also marketed a reversible plough to the 700. All the other Howard models were either too small and underpowered to pull a plough or were designed solely at rotary cultivators. Clifford also marketed some ploughs suitable for horti ploughing competition. But of course they are not as popular in ploughing matches as Trusty, Anzani or ploughmate machines.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.