Old Atco Mower 17" cut

Home Forums General Help and information Old Atco Mower 17" cut

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

I am restoring an old Atco machine, 17″ cut, and am keen to find out as much as I can about it. If anyone has any information I’d be grateful!

The machine number on the brass tag is 1760/61

The engine has a tag on the cover that says Serial 800C 71671
    The carb. is a Villiers so I assume the engine is as well

The engine has a kick start arrangement rather than a pull cord.

I’d like to know what model it is and what the engine and machine numbers mean, plus if any spares are available etc.
    Thanks in advance!

Chris

stuart
    Participant

I believe the 61 at the end of the serial number is the year of manufacture so it would be a 1961 model.
    The 17 at the beginning of the serial number may mean its the 17″ model but im sure someone else on here may be able to verify the above.

wristpin
    Participant

I would agree with that interpretation of the chassis tag numbers but no idea whether the engine numbers indicate a date of manufacture. As for parts, auction sites and auto jumbles.

stuart
    Participant

Chris….if your Villiers engine has a “headless” cylinder (cylinder and cylinder head cast in one piece) and has sloping cooling fins then i have a complete engine available.It was running perfectly when i removed it from the mower a few years ago.

charlie
    Keymaster

Yes it is a 17″ machine dating from 1961. Spares for Villiers engines are available from a number of suppliers, eg Meetens, Villiersparts etc

hdtrust
    Participant

Don’t forget that well known supplier of parts and manuals, sweating away in a cave in deepest Somerset, none other than Mr Wallingfield!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.