Newark

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    charlie
    Keymaster

Geoff thanks for showing us what we missed. I like Alan Thackers display, wonder if there are any Geo Monro products in there?

dave
    Participant

A big thank you to Geoff, Ivan and Steve for all the effort
    and work in putting on a great display and for the pork pie
    and other treats. The gang from Essex were made welcome and
    it was a very warm welcome even if the heaters had been
    turned off. Hope to see you all in March. Dave Clark.

will-haggle
    Participant

Here are some pictures….

Attachments:
    martin-ellison
    Participant

first time showing at newark. club stand looked good and well represented by members making a very good display. was introduced to every body by northern rep john webster. made to feel wecome. good to see lovely photo of my 5 atcos in picture above. thank you for everybody making me feel welcome and friendly nothing too much trouble. even got a hand to load up keep up the good work martin from darlington.

will-haggle
    Participant

Yeah, but he said your name was Colin! Nice to meet you, from Will Haggle….

stevewoollas
    Participant

I can only echo the comments already made regarding meeting new people and re-meeting previously met people. Not mentioning any names because I am bound to miss someone out but as always Newark was a great event and an excellent finale to the 2014 show season.
    Good of Chair to mention the gas cut-off button–I knew he would.
    The true facts are that on Saturday I returned from the auction with a rather nice gathering rake which I propped up against the side wall whilest assisting someone at the Club Shop. Unbeknown to me some interested and inquisitive club members (nosey) decided to inspect my new purchase. In their excitement at my good fortune one of the group replaced the rake in a different position allowing the handle to come into contact with a large, clearly marked red gas cut-off isolation button. This had the immeadiate effect of turning off all the hot air blowers in all four Crocker Halls. A steward crossed the hall with the speed of a hare coursing lurcher and catches the guilty four still in position surrounding the rake and cut-off button. Guilty, by position, placement, association, look on their faces, and by the fact each one of them point blame in a different direction, basically highlighting all four points of the compass. After a few correctly chosen choice words of retribution from the said steward each of them slink off to the protection of the VHGMC club stand.
    Me, the totally innocent party, not touching the rake at the time, not admonished by the steward and no guilty look on my face…….is there ever? was totally uninvolved in this debarcle.
    Thank you to all those who supported the club shop at Newark–Steve

charlie
    Keymaster

Steve, would one of the guilty four be a senior club official by any chance????

stevewoollas
    Participant

Charlie, Some senior and well known club members were very involved–Steve.

charlie
    Keymaster

I see someone at the top up to his old tricks, trying to shift the blame!!!!

trusty220
    Keymaster

Oi- it definitely wasn’t me! I was out looking for pork scratchings at the time and came back to find that all the fuss was over and done with.

stevewoollas
    Participant

Charlie–interesting to read we are getting the “I was not there at the time” comment from one particular high profile committee member which is a strange statement for someone who appears to know so much about the happenings.
    His excuses don’t change do they. Remember “No, not me”….”Dog ate the homework”…and…”Who? Me officer”
    Bear in mind all this occoured around 11.30 am, h’ed eaten a full breakfast, three slices of pork pie and was full of more “E” numbers than a schoolboy left alone in a sweet shop so quite remarkable he knows exactly what happened but wasn’t there.
    But then, we know he’s remarkable…….that’s why we vote for him each year!

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.