New Simar Tine Springs

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion New Simar Tine Springs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

As the tine springs on my Simar 56A are badly corroded, I have found a UK manufacturer willing to make a batch of new springs. To cut a long story short, the more I order, the lower the price per spring becomes. The price for 12 off would be £38 each. A batch of 50 would be £20 each. A quantity of 100 would reduce the price further to £18 each. These prices exclude VAT and delivery.

As I can’t be the only Simar owner struggling to find replacement tine springs, I was wondering what the potential demand would be if I was to get a new batch of springs manufactured. The Simar part number for the spring in question is RD310 (see drawing below for dimensions) and is used with the flat hook tines (see photo below). This spring is used on other Simar machines, not just the 56A and may also be similar to that used on other manufacturers rotary cultivators.

If anyone is interested in acquiring replacement springs, obviously subject to the final cost, could you please let me know how many via private message. I am not asking anyone for a financial commitment up front, as I would pay for the entire batch out of my own pocket and then sell them on at cost plus delivery. Also, if you decided that you no longer required any, then so be it. All I am trying to do at this time is determine if getting a large batch made would be worth while to other Simar users, not just myself. I wouldn’t want to go ahead and order 100 and end up with 80 sat in my shed for the next 50 years!!

I realise that the prices quoted are not cheap, but even a quantity of 100 is considered to be very small. Other factors are the unusual shape and 8.5mm diameter wire, which is not a common size and therefore has to be sourced specially. Even the holes for the split pins which hold the springs in place are difficult to produce, as anyone who has tried drilling a hole into round spring steel will know only too well.

I would like to place the order by the end of May, so please spread the word. If you know someone outside of the VHGMC that may be interested, please feel free to contact me on their behalf.

Many thanks,

Sean

Attachments:
    roatavator
    Participant

Great idea Sean.

I’ll definitely have some, I’ll PM you.

Charlie et al, would it be an idea to put this in the next Cultivator to reach members who don’t get on the forum?

will-haggle
    Participant

I will, this is the sort of thing we need to do. according to the advert 11,000 Simar 56’s were sold, there must be a few more about!

charlie
    Keymaster

11000 was a worldwide figure not UK only. Might be worth contacting the SIMAR website( Alain Charles )

vhgmcbuddy

Does Alain speak English Charlie or will I be at the mercy of Google translate!!

I will also be contacting Michiel Hooijberg of Bungartz.nl as he already sells springs for other cultivators.

vhgmcbuddy

I to am interested in SIMAR TINES do these tines also fit CLIFFORD rotovator.

vhgmcbuddy

I am not familiar with Clifford’s so couldn’t say if this particular spring would fit. All I can suggest is compare your Clifford springs with the dimensions shown in my original post. Maybe someone else has attempted to fit a Clifford with Simar springs and can enlighten us.

vhgmcbuddy

great idea and thanks for asking us simar enthouiasts. Have you also thought about the tines,HOOK Type. I suppose more of these need replacing as they are the wearing part. most of mine on the A56 are between half or less.

vhgmcbuddy

Yes John, I will also be replacing the tines on my Simar. Once I get the springs sorted out, I will get some new tines laser cut from sheet Steel.

charlie
    Keymaster

If getting new tines cut from sheet steel they will no doubt need to go through some sort of hardening process to prevent rapid wear.

charlie
    Keymaster

To help owners identify which springs and tines they have the following images are taken from the relevant parts books.
    Type C31, 30B, C4.
    Springs 4922 with tines 4923 central (same as 4923A), 4923C right (same as 4923Q) and 4923D left (same as 4923R)

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

Type 5.
    Springs 4922 with tines 4923A central, 4923B left and 4923C right.

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

Type 50.
    Springs 4922 with tines 4923A central, 4923B left and 4923C right.

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

Type 35.
    Springs RD310 with tines CD300 central, CD301 left and CD302 right.
    Springs 4922 with tines 4923 central, 4923C left and 4923D right.

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

Type 56.
    Springs RD310 with tines CD300 central, CD301 left and CD 302 right.
    Springs 634 with tines 635 central, CD635A left and 635B right.

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.