New Mystery Object

Home Forums General Help and information New Mystery Object

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    trusty220
    Keymaster

Seeing as the last one proved to be popular with some of you, here’s another one that I came across earlier today tucked away in one of my customer’s barns.

I will freely admit that I didn’t know what it (or they) was (were) until it was explained to me, so please don’t think that I’m possessed of a vast knowledge of all things rural.

As before, no prizes for the correct answer but let’s just have a bit of fun!

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

I’ve on idea, so complete stab in the dark. Looks like it cuts something, Is it a mangle/beet cutter.

trusty220
    Keymaster

Nice try, but I’m afraid you’re wide of the mark. It looks like everyone is fooled by this one judging by the lack of response.

Anyone else fancy a guess?

expeatfarmer
    Participant

They look like some kind of mold to me concrete spiral step mold?

vhgmcbuddy

Turbine or Water Wheel blades?

trusty220
    Keymaster

One of you was on the right track in a roundabout way; I’m not saying which one, though!

Keep going!

martin-ellison
    Participant

an auger or spiral for water lifter when bolted together

trusty220
    Keymaster

You’re still along the right lines but have a little further to go!

Keep trying!

will-haggle
    Participant

Water turbine?

martin-ellison
    Participant

buckets for a water wheel

trusty220
    Keymaster

Getting colder again….. (sorry)

trustymasseyman
    Participant

Concrete Molds for a spiral staircase

trusty220
    Keymaster

I can see that I’m going to have to give you a clue.

You are right in your guess that they all fit together to form something bigger- each piece that you see is only part of the whole device.

Cryptic enough for you?

stevewoollas
    Participant

I’ve got it.
    I’ve seen these when visiting Ravenhall. They belong to a suit of armour which stands in the Great Hall in the baronial mansion. These sections make up the shin protectors and fit over the elbow joints and knee joints to provide total protection when running away waving ones arms in despair.
    It all comes back to me now, our Chair dons these items before advising the Good Lady Ravenhall he has taken delivery of another Trusty tractor, as she vents her anger Chair protects himself by wearing the suit of armour of which these are integral components.
    He’s also known to hide in this suit of armour when the tax collector calls.
    Your’e rumbled.

trusty220
    Keymaster

Damn and blast, I’ve been rumbled! At this rate I’ll have to sell another Jag to pay the taxman!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.