New Mystery Object

Home Forums General Help and information New Mystery Object

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    martin-ellison
    Participant

must have been heavy

trusty220
    Keymaster

And I can vouch for the fact that it chafes a bit as well!

Steve’s a little wide of the mark with his discovery, unfortunately, although it does count as one of his more imaginative works of fiction! If you don’t believe me, just look at the old forum!

I will leave this on for a few days longer and give the answer mid-week if nobody has worked it out.

trusty220
    Keymaster

24 hours to go before the big reveal- does anyone want to chance their arm for one last time?

charlie
    Keymaster

Waterwheel buckets.

trusty220
    Keymaster

Sorry, but a bit warmer in your guess.

dave
    Participant

digger bucket bits for a trench digger.

hillsider
    Participant

Conveyor or elevator buckets

trusty220
    Keymaster

OK, here’s the answer:-

The customer of mine who owns the bits originally rescued them from an old watermill. If you bolt them all together they make a spiral chute that was used to take the flour sacks from the filling station to the loading bay. Of course they would have been nice and shiny in those days, and the idea of the spiral was to save space and prevent the sacks from gaining too much momentum before they reached the bottom.

I suppose you could always make them into a suit of armour to escape the taxman but the thought never occurred to me; I may mention it to my customer who owns them!

I’m running out of strange things to test your knowledge with, how about some other member having a go at posting a mystery object?

vhgmcbuddy

Very interesting trusty, my first and only guess was really wide of the mark. That’s two to you now, you’ll have to try for three in a row.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.