New member Monro S3 bits and pieces info.

Home Forums General Help and information New member Monro S3 bits and pieces info.

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    david-bush
    Participant

Hi all I’m a new member and just purchased a couple of rotavators/tillers and could do with a bit of assistance in getting spares or any info I’m sure you you’ve heard this requests a hundred times so I’m not sure if the answers are somewhere on hear and I’m not looking in the right place i think i heard that tyres are a nightmare to get cause i need 2, not sure if there is a owner/workshop manual I’ve put some pics up so you can see what I’m up against away thanks for looking Dave.

• This topic was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by david-bush.
    Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

Your Monro Tiller is a series 3 machine, s/n 832442 was despatched August 1958 and delivered on 11th Feb 1959 to W F Tarrant, Avalon, Wolverley, nr Kidderminster, see attached extract from factory records.
    As you say tyres for the Monrotiller are obsolete. The same size was also fitted to the small Barford Atom and some Merry Tillers. Merry Tiller wheels and tyres do come up for sale but usually fetch a good price, typically £40-£50. You may be able to find a modern equivalent but beware there is not much room for anything wider or larger in overall diameter due to the reverse gear housing on lh side of gearbox.
    I will send you a private message regarding manual and parts list.

davet
    Participant

I had the same problem with tyres . I ended up buying 4-10 – 6
    Moto Quad Bike on Ebay. 192817710560 . Not the same size as an original tyre .
    However it fits and there is clearance if you fit the wheels on the wide setting.
    I have always used the wide setting as most of my wheels have repair bolts with nuts.
    Countersunk head of bolt to wheel hub. I went for this tyre to get the machine to work and not as an original show piece.
    Photo show clearances on a mk3 .

Regards. DaveT

Attachments:
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.