new aquisition, drake and fletcher

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Garden implements new aquisition, drake and fletcher

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jtg1
    Participant

drake and fletcher spray cart. looks to be all complete apart from a few holes in the tank. pretty certain the wheels are hot original, as have too large a bore for the axle

Attachments:
    stevewoollas
    Participant

A nice find John.

jtg1
    Participant

had a brass lance in the collection for years and never able to identify itt, the lance with this one is a ten foot 2 part affair, and matches all bar size, the one ive had for years, coincidence or fate!

sprayerman
    Participant

Yes it is a nice find.

I’d like to say fate, but others may not agree. It’s often the way that we acquire things, we are not quite sure what or how they are connected with our specific interest, then something else comes along and it all falls into place. It’s part of the magic if you like and I for one quite enjoy it when it does happen.

charlie
    Keymaster

Could it be a Presto, see copy of advert from The Fruit Grower below.

Attachments:
    jtg1
    Participant

definately, drake and fletcher. after drake and muirhead, aprox 1890, and before rhey were a limited company in 1922.

vhgmcbuddy

A nice find John. I worked for Drake & Fletcher on 3 occasions. From 1985-mid89, 1990-1998 and 2000 until 2009. The rear wheels look as though they are not original. It would have had rear skids fitted from new. I am still in contact with the former Managing and Deputy Managing Directors of Drake & Fletcher.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.