New additions today

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines New additions today

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Picked these up today from the top of our lane (no long trips today)

Theres an ATCO kickstart, a Qualcast with a box and knackered front rollers and a Hayterette

To be honest I only want the ATCO as I am hoping the Cooper Stewart drive will fit it so the other two will be moved on

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Looks like the Atco needs some love Paul

The hayter looks like it will clean up well

vhgmcbuddy

They all look a bit sad but it was chucking it down with rain when I took the photos which always makes something look worse…

At least they are in dry sheds now !!

charlie
    Keymaster

If it is or can be made to run the Hayterette will be a useful machine for someone. The brass tag on the rh side of the ATCO will give cut and year eg 1458

vhgmcbuddy

Yes I gather the Hayterette is a useful machine Charlie, thanks for the info re the tag I will have a look…

1457/8 it says…

vhgmcbuddy

i would keep that engine from the hayter paul, very usefull parts for your other machines

vhgmcbuddy

Thats exactly what I thought Nigel, its the same unit as those in the Multigardners…

vhgmcbuddy

indeed it is paul

wristpin
    Participant

Theres an ATCO kickstart, a Qualcast with a box and knackered front rollers and a Hayterette.

That Qualcast Commodore was, in my opinion, a much underrated machine. With its “proper” clutch was so much easier to use than the equivalent Suffolks with centrifugal clutches. Probably why the grassbox has survived in apparent good order! Hope that it goes to a good home.

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks for the information Angus now I know what model it is

Must try and source some new front rollers for it…

vhgmcbuddy

wow paul that atco looks as if its cut seaweed down on the beach !!! as rollers go gareth was saying most homes have them in a longer form. try looking in wendys baking equipment. you did not here this from me.

vhgmcbuddy

Grand idea Mr Webster…

Attachments:
    wristpin
    Participant

As has already been suggested, rolling pins from fleabay can be a good source for front rollers. Got some nice beech ones that matched Ransomes Marquis to within a mm or two but couldn’t get a good match when a needed some for an Atco. However then discovered Bob only 6 miles away who made a set of 4 rollers, 2 handle bar grips and crank handle grip for £40 all in which I thought pretty reasonable.

vhgmcbuddy

Rolling pin idea looks good, and I know someone who has a wood turning lathe…

vhgmcbuddy

Dont cut that rollin pin up. Wendy wont have anything to wack you with if you keep buying old lawnmowers!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.