need info on wrigley union has kohler 7hp engine albion gears

Home Forums General Help and information need info on wrigley union has kohler 7hp engine albion gears

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hello all have just joined your club on a free trial , I recently bought a Wrigley Union 3 wheeled truck in good condition it starts and goes, I remember these little trucks being used at a convalescence holiday home in Elie Fife they were used for delivering garden produce from large green houses to the main house , when I first saw the wee truck advertised on line I thought that would be great to have so went viewed it and bought it , have since cleaned it up and repainted in same colours also had a look at the brakes as some one has made them into cable operated and are in fact hydraulic but master cylinder is missing they used the hand brake linkage and adapted to use as a foot brake works ok but now no hand brake or fitting , the brakes are in excellent condition look similar to mini brakes, it has a kohler 7 hp engine fitted don’t know if its the original or modified the gearbox has Albion imprinted on it , would like to know more about it , if anyone knows about these on here that would be most welcome the enclosed foto is as it was when purchased

Attachments:
    will-haggle
    Participant

Wrigley Union Trucks were made in Wantage, Oxfordshire and yours appears to be quite a recent one with the Kohler engine.
    Here is a useful Website…
    http://www.autotruck.org/wrigleyautotruckwrigley.htm

will-haggle
    Participant

The Gloucester Steam Extravaganza is held on South Cerney Airfield on the outskirts of Cirencester in Gloucestershire on July 31st, August 1st & 2nd 2015 – next weekend!
    It always features a lot of trucks of all different makes….

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Thanks will haggle did try ato truck club but alas they have problems and very slow to respond just my luck, will try facecloth though under some other id as really cant be bothered with it .
    many thanks cf

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.