Mystery SIMAR

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hello,
    i’m from Switzerland and unfortunately I don’t speak english!

To the Pictures: this is a license of a Grunder Tiller (built by Grunder & Co Binningen / Basel, Switzerland from 1917 untill to 1925), and the Engine seems (license?) M&V: Müller & Vogel St. Aubin, Suisse.
    I have two machines, not complete (see photos).

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your information and photos very useful. Your machines look in very good condition.

vhgmcbuddy

Hi Charlie,
    i’m collecting all Grunder machines of the produktion and concern onself with the history, as far as possible…

Compare the motor number your machine with mine!

The fist two numbers are probably the vintage (1918)? My Maschine was probably later modificated, therefore two numbers(?) …/…

Sincerely
    David Muster

trusty220
    Keymaster

That is similar practice to how Cushman used to categorise their trucksters. The first model produced in any year used the last two digits of the year, then followed it with a 10. So, the first Cushman Truckster to come off the production line in 1982 would be called an 8210; if they then introduced a different drawbar during that year the model would change to 8220, then 8230 for the next modification, etc.

You are quite possibly correct in your guess, but can anybody shed any more light on it?

charlie
    Keymaster

Looking through some old photos I found this dating from 2007. It was taken at the Science Museum store at Wroughton. At the time I did not know what it was, I do now.

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

Looking through some old photos I found this dating from 2007. It was taken at the Science Museum store at Wroughton. At the time I did not know what it was, I do now.

Attachments:
    will-haggle
    Participant

here’s a link which may be interesting, Charlie….
    http://www.bungartz.nl/hist-grunder.html
    I can’t claim any credit for this, I just copied the firm’s name into Google. I’ll be putting a small contribution into your collecting tin!

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.