Motor Units Roller

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines Motor Units Roller

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    franktonpaget
    Participant

Are there many survivors of these small motor rollers produced by Motor Units Ltd of Coventry, a subsidiary of the Singer Motor Co .
    Although weighing 10cwt they were only 59 inchs long and 30 inchs wide powered by a Villiers 250cc two stroke engine
    Designed for sportfield use primarily cost in 1936 was £45.00
    Unfortunately they had very nice cast seat with Motor Units cast into it, which seems to fetch high prices amongst the cast seat enthusiasts, but I would actually prefer to see on a complete machine.
    I know of two survivors does anybody know of others ?

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

Some great literature from the archives. That riding position and those handlebars look a lot like the American chopper style motorcycles. Would love to see one in the flesh.

chap
    Participant

Yes Joe here is a picture of the one that goes to birdingbury country fair each year we have both seen this one,

Attachments:
    franktonpaget
    Participant

Been helping our village cricket club get some information on their Avelling Barford GA roller and source of information had Motor Units roller so we did a swap of information, as my late father said a little help is worth a lot of pity.
    Anyway Mr Dickens had restored his Motor Units from pallets of bits (see attached photographs), unfortunately lent it to a exhibition display who started it up no realising it was two stroke and seized engine .

regards Joe Paget

Attachments:
    will-haggle
    Participant

Here’s a couple of Avelings I saw at Newark, and a Dumper….

Attachments:
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.