Modern Walk Behind

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    john-startin-taylor
    Participant

Hi I am a new member and before I invest in a machine I really do need some information please.
    As an ex.farm manager some years ago I annually ploughed thirty acres of barley land with a Leyland 270 tractor and thoroughly enjoyed doing so.

I now wish to enter a few ploughing matches and enjoy working events and I have decided to purchase a two wheeled tractor and plough for this. I haven’t decided if to go for a single furrow conventional or a reversible just yet.

What I very much need to know, is if I bought a brand new machine such as a BCS, would that still be welcome at ploughing matches and such as this club’s working events ?

I admire the older tractors such as the Trusty etc, but for my needs being a self employed gardener, a modern machine would make more sense to me.
    Many thanks!

charlie
    Keymaster

An interesting question. I suspect the answer is no one knows as it is a scenario that has not come up before. I am sure there would be some interest. It is worth noting that a new machine would not be eligible for a prize in a vintage class.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.