MG40 pulling roots

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines MG40 pulling roots

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    crawler
    Participant

Back at the start of the year during a brief break in the weather we set about clearing an area that was getting over-grown by Rhododendrons. After a bit of cutting we were left with a lot of small stumps that needed removing, I thought this would be an ideal opportunity to give my MG40 a bit of exercise.
    Starting the Sachs 600 diesel proved a little harder than usual as it was only 2 degrees C. The best I could get was a few puffs of smoke, back to the house and I got the little jar of igniters that came with the tractor. With an igniter it started first pull over compression.
    Using a chain the MG40 made short work of removing the stumps and roots. While being a little overly optimistic on the MG40s abilities I came to a halt with the tracks slipping when attached to a larger stump. This reassured me that the clutch was ok as I had been concerned last year that it may have been slipping.
    Its always good to get a chance to get the tracks dirty and have a bit of a play.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Nice workout rob and without the starters you would have been might i say it ….stumped. Just had to do it

crawler
    Participant

Thanks John, regarding workout, trying to start the Sachs engine without the igniters certainly gave me a workout. My right arm was a good few inches longer than my left by the time I admitted defeat and went to get the igniters.

vhgmcbuddy

Glad to hear your ok anyway. p.s. are they an expensive Item to buy these igniters

crawler
    Participant

I’m not sure John, see my thread on the Sachs engine. I’m trying to find somewhere to get them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.