Lincoln Ploughing Torksey lock

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Lincoln Ploughing Torksey lock

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    chap
    Participant

Match Held on Sunday 4th May 1st Peter Cotton 2nd Martin Cotton 3rd Derek Oliver 4th Sam Hitchman
    here are a few pictures.
    showing a trend to blend the old with the new Peter Lyons Yanmar 165 and homemade plough,and Mike Berrys Mitsubishi mt165 and rather complicated Anzai plough conversion.nethier featured in the prizes but i am sure given a little time they will be up there, the others were trusty and David Brown 2D shown with proud owner Bob Buffham.

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

Of course neither the Yanmar or Mitsi and their ploughs are eligible for the vintage class but interesting to see.

stevewoollas
    Participant

Perhaps I could clarify the position with this match as this is one of the local ploughing matches at which I organise the horticultural entries. We operate the horticultural class as an open class which allows a greater number of local people to take part. This also has allowed for home built tractors and ploughs to be acommadated and provides for those who own both a vintage tractor and a modern tractor to take part with either machine. There are around 8/10 of these matches per season.
    Judging is in accordance with VHGMC/SOP horticultural rules other than the age of machine designation. Should one of our matches become a VHGMC qualifier only pre 1959 machines would be put forward for finals.
    This open class approach has worked well now for many years and is beneficial to all participants.
    Interestingly the winning tractors/ploughs are usually vintage with Trusty and Anzani pedestrians and Ransome MG with TS ploughs being dominant just proving new technology isn’t always an advantage.
    Steve

trustymasseyman
    Participant

I hope to join you at some of these matchs Steve now we have the bungalow sorted and will try with the massey Ferguson 1010 and twose clark plough. Would just like to say that I have been in second or third place with this out fit and I’m still making improvements to the plough. Nice to these later tractors entering. Nice photos Sam

stevewoollas
    Participant

For those of you who don’t know Ivan is typical in so much as he ploughs with vintage Trusty Pedestrian and his modern day classic Massey Ferguson 1010 as well as other other machines.
    Ivan, I think we have had our last match for this ploughing season but I will include you when matches re-commence.
    Is anyone else interested in future matches in the Lincoln area?–Steve

chap
    Participant

Yes without the class is specified Vintage then it is open horticultural/garden tractor this applies all over the country and should not put anyone off attending with there chonda type machine with a bitsa plough providing the genral plough criteria is kept ie length of board and attachments,

Sam

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.