LAWN TENNIS MARKER

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Garden implements LAWN TENNIS MARKER

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    stevewoollas
    Participant

Hello All,
    We purchased this lawn tennis marker at an antiques centre in Grantham at the weekend.
    It is a little different to most as the white wash fluid wheels are attached to the tank lid so that after use with the lid lifted the white wash fluid drains back into the tank minimising the requirement to clear the distribution wheels.
    Another strange feature to my mind is the front wheel is of a larger diameter to the rear two, surely it would have been more cost effective to have produced them all to the same size in identical moulds.
    We are not sure who produced this one so hopefully someone can help identify. The cast letters appear to be BS or BHS with the “H” crossing both the B and the S. The model name appears to read “The Leader” or “The Leaden” which I believe is a river. Does anyone know?
    Thanks–Steve

Attachments:
    stevewoollas
    Participant

Interestingly the pictures appear in a non-logical order. They are neither in the order I posted them nor are they in numerical order. Another Forum querk I guess!

darmic1
    Participant

Hi Steve, to fix the problem, rename the photo’s 001, 002, 003 etc…… The site software only recognises alpha numeric file names. Its been posted before about the problem, luckily its an easy self help fix!

wristpin
    Participant

Hi Steve, to fix the problem, rename the photo’s 001, 002, 003 etc…… The site software only recognises alpha numeric file names. Its been posted before about the problem, luckily its an easy self help fix!

Confused by your reply – surely his P…… Refs are alphanumeric and what you are suggesting is pure numeric ? Is that what the forum software needs to keep images in order?

darmic1
    Participant

You are probably right! It might have something the P prefix though and it sees that each picture starts the same?

stevewoollas
    Participant

Thanks for the help with the photo’s chaps. Will try and remember for next time–Steve

vhgmcbuddy

steve,what a find. cannot help with id but when I was at school I remember we had at least four pitch markers always behind the score box.not sure if you are a working clothes type or not ,but I think it will come up as new if you get stuck in.

stevewoollas
    Participant

Hello John,
    It really does need a strip off and a new coat of paint as currently it has been re-painted many times in dark green with red wheels (usual colours) and has many chips in the paint but fortunately the castings are not damaged.
    However, back to the main point, can anyone identify the manufacturer, model, age or even have any literature for her?–Steve

hdtrust
    Participant

Hi Steve,
    Tell me the width in inches of the actual marker wheel,the name on the top is The Leader,I’ll be able to tell you more once I have this imfo
    Best Andrew

stevewoollas
    Participant

Hello Andrew,
    Thank you for your response. The width of the marker wheel is one and a half inches. Diameter is seven inches.
    Regards–Steve

hdtrust
    Participant

Hi Steve,
    OK your marker must pre date 1932, as that year the Tennis Courts lines went to a measurement of 2 inches in width.
    Hope this helps
    Regards
    Andrew

stevewoollas
    Participant

Hello Andrew,
    Your reply is much appreciated.
    Best regards–Steve

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.