Jalo history research HELP request

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Jalo history research HELP request

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    trustymasseyman
    Participant

Since Newark tractor world I have been studying all my books and sales brochures on jalo. I think seeing the jalo wheelbarrow and being shown a copy of Jalo journal along with the letter inthe cultivator about jalo plus my latest additions to my own collection I feel I really want to build up solid history data of the jalo and then with the help of trusty 220 add this history to our clubs website survivor tab for all to access. If you can help me please get in touch via ivanclark@totalise.co.uk or ring me after 18.30 on 01509 413813 together I’m sure we can build up an interesting history for many to enjoy, thanks in advance Ivan

trusty220
    Keymaster

I will be pleased to include the Jalo history in the “Survivors” section when you’re ready, Ivan. It is already building into a very useful archive and any information that we can include in there (on any make of machinery) will be welcomed.

Please would everybody support Ivan with information for this little project.

Thank you, All.

charlie
    Keymaster

I will see what I have.

chap
    Participant

Ivan try pat biggs she has a wonderful collection,
    here a few pics of interest i think.

Attachments:
    trustymasseyman
    Participant

Many thanks go to Sam, Alan and Charlie for there prompt replies. I have today found a full page advert in a March 1955 amateur gardening magazine showing the cast aluminium wheel model . So did the press steel with rubber tyre model get launched. Still need some data of earlier all steel model.

charlie
    Keymaster

I will have to trawl through the pile of Amateur Gardening and Smallholder magazines I have and scan any adverts I find.

charlie
    Keymaster

One from Amateur Gardening 29th May 1953 for the JALO Trusty.

Attachments:
    trustymasseyman
    Participant

Another great find today – a full page advert in a 1947 book few acre farms by J.J. Black, this is first information I seen of the early steel jalo, priced at 63 shillings delivered to your local railway station in a wooden crate

trustymasseyman
    Participant

Thanks go to Dave Clark for you help. Another question can anyone help with information about jalo spanner? I have one but was it supplied foc or as an extra?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.