Howard Gem Series

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    haytermower50
    Participant

Hello,

I wanted to ask anyone here whether they may be able to decipher what series or model Howard Gem I have, I believe it is a standard howard Gem That had a twin cylinder engine (i cant remeber the brand of the engine or what it looked like, may have been a petrol one) which was converted to another engine (V-twin), The serial number is ” C 2531824 ” im not sure that this may be of much use but whether there is a booklet with all the howard rotavators manufactured and their serial numbers correlating to the model and series etc, it would be quite interesting and fun to look through if there is one, since I would like to find a manual for the machine and/or a parts list.

Thanks in advance

charlie
    Keymaster

The original twin cylinder engine used on the Howard Gem was their own design. Earlier examples did use a V twin engine. Someone did have all the information on a website but I think they took the site down due to spam attacks.

haytermower50
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you very much for your reply, that has certainly cleared up some questions I had and narrowed down what series Howard Gem, I believe it is a Series 5 Gem following from the info provided.

Many Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.