How long have you owned your machine?

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion How long have you owned your machine?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hello everybody,
    Still researching the history of my mg2 and just wondered how long people have owned their machines? Are there any one owner from new machines out there?
    From my own research it would appear my family are only the second owners of my mg2 as my grand parents knew the original owner. My grandfather bought it circa 1968 so i would like to get it out next year for our 50 years of ownership.
    Just out of interest my uncle did his apprenticeship at a company called Farm Industries who supplied our ransomes new, unfortunatly in different decades.

expeatfarmer
    Participant

Having owned an MG6 for about ten years some 35 years ago, I started my collection of machines when I retired 9 years ago. I have a number of machines that were purchased new by the previous owner in some cases I have the original receipt .

vhgmcbuddy

Excellent, just out of interest, what machines do you have the receipts for? What machines are they, how much were they, what year was that?
    My uncle seems to recall the story of our ransomes being £135 in either 1937 or 47, still haven’t properly identified it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.