Honda History

Home Forums Groundcare Machinery Honda History

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kmacaoidh
    Participant

I am looking for a general history of Honda tractors, all those F numbers and models, big and small. Well the ones that have wheels and can pull and carry equipment. I’m looking for a general listing of what came first, there relative power, and comparison of their individual capabilities, etc. A pointer to a website, or YouTube demo, or something like that. Any help or pointers welcome.

charlie
    Keymaster

A good question and an interesting subject for someone to research if it has not already been done. I wonder what reply you would get from Honda if they were asked?
    There is a page on Wikipedia but no information on tillers.
    There is all sorts of information on the main Honda website. I found this reference to their first tiller

andyfrost
    Participant

It mentions a date of 1980 regarding their minitiller , they were producing rotavators at least 20yrs prior to that.

Andy.

kmacaoidh
    Participant

That is a very interesting, and detailed, article on the development of their mini tillers, and as alluded to they were making rotavators, bigger ones for agricultural use, we’ll before that. The 50’s maybe? I couldn’t find anything more on bigger tillers on their website!? Lots about motorbikes, racing cars, and so much more as you said. The history of the Kubota and Yanmar equivalents would be equally as interesting. Even the social history that the move to mini-tillers infer, that people had moved away from food growing on a larger, domestic, scale to recreational gardening? Or is this even the case, there does seem to have been a lot of varied equipment out there on the market year ago, as evidenced by VHGM, that’s not really there now. Any other directions of enquiry on the Honda History much welcomed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.