Help mk2 monro tiller

Home Forums General Help and information Help mk2 monro tiller

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Just purchased a monro mk2 tiller, after a couple of hours I have the villiers engine running but all the control cables are seized, I have tried googling to find out what lever does what with no success , I’m hoping some one on here may be able to help.
    Many thanks

Shawn,
    Lincolnshire

charlie
    Keymaster

Shawn, you have come to the right place for an answer.
    Starting with rh side as you stand at the rear, small lever on top is throttle,lever underneath is gear change up for high down for low. Lh side small lever on top is handle bar lock enables them to swing left or right, lever below is clutch.
    Biggest pain with control cables is they run down inside handlebars into the cast turret that supports the handlebars then internally to clutch and handle bar lock and out to throttle and gear change. I have seen some series 2 machines with a series one type gear change lever, no cable, on the back of the gearbox. Drop me a personal message with your e mail address and I can send you an owners manual with parts list. I can also date the machine fro the machine serial number which should be on the brass makers plate on the engine cowl, this may have got lost if engine has been changed. See my website for more about Monro Tillers

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks will pop out to see if I can see serial number , I wondered why 4 levers now I know

vhgmcbuddy

This is the beast, I’ve reseaved the email, that’s great thanks,for some reason I. Can’t email back some server error my end.

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

That is the engine number, possibly a replacement engine or cowling. There is normally a plate with Geo Monro on it, I have seen them on the end of the fuel tank on one or two machines. Is that bits of rag stuffed in the dipsick holes on the gearbox?

vhgmcbuddy

Ok can’t see any other plates at moment, yep there’s some rags in the dipstick hole , the dipstick is there also, should there be a rubber grommet

charlie
    Keymaster

The top of the dipstick should be a snug fit in the hole, no need for rags, unless it is the wrong dipstick! Parts list should show what they are like.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.