Has anyone ever fitted a Honda carb to a JAP engine?

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Has anyone ever fitted a Honda carb to a JAP engine?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Although I think I now understand how the 24T2 fitted to the JAP 4/3 works, lets face it, getting bits for them is getting hard… I was wondering if anyone had fitted the carb of a small Honda engine (a GX160 or 120 perhaps) to a JAP stationary engine… Knocking up the manifold wouldn’t be too hard, but I imagine that getting sensible control from the governor and sorting out the jetting might be interesting…

andyfrost
    Participant

It’s simply not worth the hassle , the 24T2 was far and away the best carb fitted , and ALL parts are now so readily available , at very reasonable coinage.
    Only one modification I would make is doing away with the fixed jet, and fitting a variable one.

Andy.

vhgmcbuddy

Ah… interesting…. How does that work, all I’ve ever done with the 24T2 on my working engine is set limits for the governor and messed around with the slow running…. why would I need a variable main jet?…. The issue I have with the 24T2 is that I might have to get a new carb for one of my engines, and a BNOS 24T2 is around 160 quid, a chinese copy of the Honda carb is less than a tenner delivered…

andyfrost
    Participant

the variable jet is handy if you have slight wear in the butterfly , you can simply richen the mixture accordingly.
    Very good secondhand carbs come up for sale very frequently on that certain auction site , I would never consider buying new , remember this carb was fitted to huge range of engines , and indeed quite a few full size tractors.

Andy.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.