Electronic ignition module Kohler 141

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Electronic ignition module Kohler 141

• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by chap.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Anyone had experience of fitting and success of an electronic ignition module on a Kohler 141 fitted to a Howard 350 please ?

vhgmcbuddy

Has anyone fitted an Electronic ignition module to a Kohler K141 engine with success ?

hitchinsm
    Participant

Yes, I have fitted hundreds. I do not waste a micro second with points and condensers.Engine starts easier, no kick backs and ignition timing is set automatically,so the engine runs a lot smoother.

arikispencer
    Participant

what is the best place/ cheapest to get the electronic ignition modules, the only place ive seen them is ebay and not overly cheap, what type of store would sell them, btw im Australia.

Thanks,
    Dan

hitchinsm
    Participant

Believe it or not the original ones where made in Australia, but for whatever reason they disappeared after a few years. They are available on Ebay if you think £18.50 plus international shipping is expensive do not bother.

arikispencer
    Participant

Im aware they were originally designed by a smart farmer over here i found the history on them a few months ago when i was trying to find somewhere to get them. So is ebay the only place i’m likely to find them?, the are around 25 bucks AU, and i believe i’m going to need quite a few. I was hoping to be able to find a store that might stock them, and as i typed this i realized the best place to try, a local store that has everything you’d expect and everything you wouldn’t believe he would have.

i borrowed one off me uncle to put on me farmers boy that for some unexplained reason lost spark while running, we couldn’t figure out the reason so we put that on, it doesnt run as well as it did but it does run.

Thanks for your help

vhgmcbuddy

I have fitted one to a 141 without any problems and I got my one off ebay.

chap
    Participant

Hi i have fitted one to my martin markham colt easy to do and worked well got it off ebay some chap at Kenilworth.

Attachments:
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.