Cutting cylinder regrind

Home Forums Groundcare Machinery Grass Cutting Machinery Cutting cylinder regrind

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    mitzygolf
    Participant

Where is the cheapest place near me (Bristol) that I can get a cylinder reground.it’s Off the mower. Thanks

• This topic was modified 5 months, 4 weeks ago by mitzygolf.
    charlie
    Keymaster

Where have you tried so far? Have you tried a search on the internet, yellow pages etc?

urbanalfa
    Participant

If you can’t find somewhere local there are a couple of companies advertising on eBay if you search for ‘cylinder grinding service’

mitzygolf
    Participant

Yes I saw those on EBay. The actual regrind is only £22 but it would cost me £20 in postage. I thought if could find someone locally I could save the postage.

charlie
    Keymaster

Have a look at S T Bishop they are near Bristol. I found then by doing a simple google search.

mitzygolf
    Participant

Thanks I’ll give them a call

mitzygolf
    Participant

S T Bishop quoted £53. A big difference from £22, how do they justify it

wristpin
    Participant

They’ve got premises and and a business to run. The man on eBay is probably working in his shed and or garage, and , dare I say, it not paying business rates, vat , insurance, wages, national insurance and tax. Not to mention depreciation and maintenance on the grinder. Even a bit of profit!
    Won’t ask what you do or did for a living.

hdtrust
    Participant

By the time you have added travelling time to the post office, and packing materials S T Bishop is a very good price for you, and also they have a very good track record, S T Bishops Son now runs the buisness but they still have a lot of dead stock hanging around, so probalby will be able to supply your bottom blade

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.