Cooper Peglar & Co Syringes

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Garden implements Cooper Peglar & Co Syringes

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    littlefield
    Participant

Has anyone any pictures of syringes which can definitely be attributed to this company ? Does anyone know if they normally marked their syringes or any other info which might help to identify them.

will-haggle
    Participant

One make of sprayer I haven’t got or it may be that they only put labels on syringes and they get rubbed off. Sprayerman or Steve in Bed may be able to help….

jtg1
    Participant

i havent got any in the 50 or so i’ve got, but probably half are un marked and not as yet attributable to a manufacturer. have no recolection of seeing any paperwork for a syringe by them either

vhgmcbuddy

Sorry, not been looking at the Forum for while so missed this one.

I’m afraid I do not have any Cooper Peglar Sprayers/Syringes to the best of my knowledge. Although I have quiet a few items with no ID – so I may have some without realising it.

The trouble is that any labelling which is not embossed into the casing itself is likely to wear off through use. Those that still have them have probably had very light use.

I now tend to avoid any syringes that have no ID unless there is something unusual about them. Sprayer literature is a little thin on a ground as well, except copied from fellow collectors, which makes identification difficult.

littlefield
    Participant

Many thanks. My interest was originally in the construction and development of the syringe sprayers, so I have a fairly large collection of unidentified sprayers. Only recently have I started to look at the manufacturers. I agree it is very difficult to identify anything which doesn’t have a mark of some sort. Not only do the ‘same’ models change over time, but even if there are illustrated catalogues the illustrations are not detailed enough to make positive identifications. An illustrated catalogue or a postively identified example would at least give some idea of what to look for. Hopefully, something for Cooper and Peglar will turn up one day.

jtg1
    Participant

have this morning just aquired a cooper pegler syringe style sprayer, with brass name plate, it is of an interesting, probably unique, design. photos to follow when i find the right lead.

jtg1
    Participant

photo’s as promised

Attachments:
    littlefield
    Participant

Very interesting.Any idea what it was designed to do ? It is difficult to tell from the picture. Are the attachments in the side additional nozzles or is there a reservoir there.?

vhgmcbuddy

I’ve been rummaging around in the shed trying to ID various sprayers. Discovered this that I’d forgotten I had. It’s a Cooper Peglar ‘Lancet’ with original box. I also have another identical one (no box) – they came all together as a bundle. I also have another sprayer very, very similar but not quite the same – but probably close enough to be an earlier/later version of the same model(?). They all have a wooden grip and a red plastic one and are otherwise of similar type to the Solo Sprayers that are still available today to buy new.

Attachments:
    sprayerman
    Participant

Hello All,

Been away from the forum for a while.

No I don’t have any Cooper Pegler sprayers in the collection as to the best of my knowledge they were not Birmingham based so fell out of my ‘zone’ so to speak. That said I do recall seeing various examples around the shows when we used to go – that’s been a while too.

Having just said that, towards the end of 2013 I acquired a number of sprayers and with them came a quantity of literature included within are a few adverts for Cooper Pegler. I’ll fire up the scanner and see about posting some images on line. If I cannot get them attached to this thread I’ll start sewing a new one and put a link stich over.

Cheers

sprayerman
    Participant

I need stronger spectacles – yes there are some CP adverts but not much detail re CP syringes.
    Nevertheless I did fire up the scanner and here are some of the results. They may be of a little interest.

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

Cooper Pegler ran a series of adverts in The Fruit Grower magazine each one showed a different item, so far I have not found any syringes but will post details here if I do.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.